Floxin is used for treating mild to moderate infections caused by certain bacteria. Floxin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It kills sensitive bacteria by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
Use Floxin as directed by your doctor.
- Take Floxin by mouth with or without food.
- Take Floxin with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Drink several glasses of water daily, unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
- Do not drink milk or eat dairy products, or take antacids, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking Floxin.
- Floxin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Floxin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Floxin.
Store Floxin below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Store in a tightly closed container. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Floxin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Ofloxacin.