Cleocin is used for treating serious infections caused by certain bacteria. Cleocin is a lincomycin antibiotic. Cleocin kills sensitive bacteria by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
Use Cleocin as directed by your doctor.
- Take Cleocin by mouth with or without food.
- Take Cleocin with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Cleocin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Cleocin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Cleocin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Cleocin.
Store Cleocin at room temperature, between 68 to 77 degrees F (20 to 25 degrees C) in a tightly-closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Cleocin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Clindamycin hydrochloride.